Source Sports Chatter

Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Friday

Hello there bloggers. I hope everyone is enjoying this sunny Friday and is set for a good weekend.
I don't know about you, but I love the NFL Draft.
I love to rip the Lions every year for their bone-headed first-round pick and immediately turn on them and become an instant fan of the team that selected the guy I wanted the Lions to take.
However, I must admit that I was truly a Lions fan last night when they drafted Suh.
Not only did they not shy away from the popular pick, but they filled a need they haven't had here in many years.
Suh, in my opinion, is the run-stopping plug that has been missing from Detroit's defensive line for many years. The last quality defensive tackle the Lions had was Jerry Ball, and I think those were the last days the Lions actually made the playoffs.
Suh is a stud and I can't wait to see him on the field, wearing the Honolulu Blue with the #90 on his chest. It should be the beginning of hopefully many great memories for us die hard Lions fans.
However, I'm not as excited about the Lions second first-round pick, trading up from the second round to get Jahvid Best, a running back out of California.
Best is a good running back and he should help the Lions. However, I also believe that he's very injury prone and might be more of a casualty when all is said and done. I hope I'm wrong.
I don't think he was worth the second-round pick the Lions gave Minnesota. In fact, I believe he still would've been on the board at No. 34 when the Lions would've picked in the second round. This pick, in my opinion, is a reach.
What did you think about the Lions two first-round picks? Who do you think they'll take in the third round tonight?
I'm thinking they're going to look at the best athlete available at offensive tackle or safety. Agree?
I'd love to find out your thoughts.
Have a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Name:
Location: Shelby Township, Michigan, United States

I am a graduate of Chippewa Valley High School (Class of 1986) and graduated from Oakland University in 1992. I have been a sports writer for the Source Newspaper for 14 years and love high school sports. I am married. My wife, Darlene, and I have been married for 14 years and have two children -- Kevin and Brandon.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]